Forum: Ruby on Rails rails internals?

Ce8b03e5750097942c58e12b46724312?d=identicon&s=25 Giles Bowkett (Guest)
Is there a list for discussing Rails internals or is that kind of one
of those jealously guarded secret things?

Also, I seem to be being a bit of a prat today, but if you read this
closely:

http://www.rubyonrails.org/images/headlines/community.gif

Bit of a grammatical error there. (Sorry!)

Giles
8546e5131cc66da30ccd062234a75b12?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Ros (sleeper)
Giles Bowkett wrote :
| Is there a list for discussing Rails internals or is that kind of one
| of those jealously guarded secret things?

Well, I would say that even if no one wants to talk about internals with
you, you can at least resort to reading the sources ;)

Otherwise there are some interesting discussion on rails-core.

--
Frederick Ros aka Sleeper -- sleeper@jabber.fr

"MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
of careful development."
(By dmeggins@aix1.uottawa.ca)
Ce8b03e5750097942c58e12b46724312?d=identicon&s=25 Giles Bowkett (Guest)
merci beaucoup mon ami! (or words to that effect.)

On 3/6/06, Frederick Ros <sl33p3r@free.fr> wrote:
> Frederick Ros aka Sleeper -- sleeper@jabber.fr

--
Giles Goat Boy

http://gilesmakesmusic.blogspot.com
http://gileswritescode.blogspot.com
Giles Bowkett wrote :
| merci beaucoup mon ami! (or words to that effect.)

Your french is perfect ;)

--
Frederick Ros aka Sleeper -- sleeper@jabber.fr

"On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK'
- everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS."
(By Tarl Neustaedter)
83e3f1e3162b3e50b99966a8448476c7?d=identicon&s=25 Bry M. (rafuzo)
on 2006-03-29 22:59
Giles Bowkett wrote:
> Is there a list for discussing Rails internals or is that kind of one
> of those jealously guarded secret things?
>
> Also, I seem to be being a bit of a prat today, but if you read this
> closely:
>
> http://www.rubyonrails.org/images/headlines/community.gif
>
> Bit of a grammatical error there. (Sorry!)
>

> Giles

Giles,

I'm a newbie to Rails too, and I'm interested in a more thorough look at
the rails internals as well (mainly because I think ActiveRecord imposes
undue burdens on my database schema, but ActiveController is pretty
cool). If you'd like to collaborate, drop me an email.