Forum: Ruby Re: Capistrano 1.1 (had been ruby-gem SwitchTower)

C5be24289f1471f3da84864a6677af12?d=identicon&s=25 Garance A Drosehn (Guest)
On 3/6/06, Jamis Buck <jamis@37signals.com> wrote:

> Capistrano is a utility for executing tasks in parallel across
> multiple remote hosts. It was formerly known as SwitchTower.
>
> Version 1.1 introduces a few changes:
>
> * Renamed! Due to the trademark infringement debacle of last week, we
> had to change the name. Moving forward it will be known as Capistrano.

Amazingly, I had just referred someone to this project earlier today,
and had been utterly confused when I couldn't find it under the old
URL's!

When just scanning subjects, 'SwitchTower' was an interesting-enough
name that I checked out the earlier emails.  'Capistrano' struck me as
something for the birds (heh...), so I had totally skipped over this
announcement...