Forum: Ruby on Rails Can't see documentation after executing "rake appdoc"

Bb4bdf2b184027bc38d4fb529770cde5?d=identicon&s=25 Wes Gamble (Guest)
on 2006-03-06 18:40
I successfully got rake appdoc to work on the depot application (after
manually applying the patch for rake 0.70).

Everything appears to generate fine, but I can't pull up the
documentation in my browser.

I've tried:

http://localhost:3000/doc/app/
http://localhost:3000/doc/app/index.html

I always get:

Recognition failed for "/doc/app/"

with "ActionController: Exception caught" in the title

My guess is that RoR is looking for a "doc" controller here.

Is this a routing problem?
Do I need to tell RoR that "doc" is not a controller???

This is really irritating - I can't find any information on what you
should expect to be able to see in the browser after a successful "rake
appdoc"

Thanks,
Wes
Bb4bdf2b184027bc38d4fb529770cde5?d=identicon&s=25 Wes Gamble (Guest)
on 2006-03-06 18:43
Maybe I'm just supposed to pull up index.html as a file and go from
there?

I was assuming that Rails would know what to do with a "doc" request.

Wes Gamble wrote:
> I successfully got rake appdoc to work on the depot application (after
> manually applying the patch for rake 0.70).
>
> Everything appears to generate fine, but I can't pull up the
> documentation in my browser.
>
> I've tried:
>
> http://localhost:3000/doc/app/
> http://localhost:3000/doc/app/index.html
>
> I always get:
>
> Recognition failed for "/doc/app/"
>
> with "ActionController: Exception caught" in the title
>
> My guess is that RoR is looking for a "doc" controller here.
>
> Is this a routing problem?
> Do I need to tell RoR that "doc" is not a controller???
>
> This is really irritating - I can't find any information on what you
> should expect to be able to see in the browser after a successful "rake
> appdoc"
>
> Thanks,
> Wes
132a94ca65959bda6c74fae54bff2425?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
Wes-

	there is no default way to view those docs from within your rails
application. You are supposed to just open the index.html in your
docs folder as a file from your local filesystem. Or if you want to
view them from your rails app make a copy of the docs directory into
your public directory. then you can view them through your app like
this:

http://localhost:3000/docs/...

-Ezra

On Mar 6, 2006, at 9:43 AM, Wes Gamble wrote:

>> Everything appears to generate fine, but I can't pull up the
>>
>> appdoc"

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster