From: “Scott Parkerson” [email protected]
Subject: Compiling Ruby without Tk?
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 01:04:38 +0900

I’m trying to package Ruby without compiling the Tcl/Tk extension.
This is so I can install Ruby on a system without X11 or Tcl/Tk.
Examining the output of configure --help doesn’t seem to yield
anything obvious.

If you give invalid Tcl/Tk lib names, tcltklib may not be compiled.
For example, “configure --with-tcllib=none --with-tklib=none”.

Hi,

At Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:37:06 +0900,
Hidetoshi NAGAI wrote in [ruby-talk:183087]:

If you give invalid Tcl/Tk lib names, tcltklib may not be compiled.
For example, “configure --with-tcllib=none --with-tklib=none”.

“configure --without-tk” should work with 1.8.4.