I've recently ran into trouble with my Typo installation. Currently my site (http://www.thoughtstoblog.com) resides at Dreamhost. I hadn't changed any configuration or any files and out of the blue the base url (handled by the index action on the articles controller) was no longer responding. I go to the base url (www.thoughtstoblog.com) and the screen is blank, with no HTML. If I head to www.thoughtstoblog.com/articles , which is the equivalent in routes.rb... it works fine. The index is not being cached and no content is being sent. I've turned it to development mode and nothing comes through at all when I hit www.thoughtstoblog.com. No messages nothing... once again, it happened out of the blue. In my panicky, potentially unwise drunken state... I did an svn update... which took me from r845 where I was.. to r876. The problem still persists... Any clues would be very helpful... I have a lot of readers who still aren't using an aggregator and they are getting blank content. I'm probably not giving you all the information that anyone would need to help me out... so feel free to request whatever is necessary :) Thanks, Jake p.s. I added a comment and changed the status of http://www.typosphere.org/trac/ticket/653 because I felt that it might be the same problem.
on 2006-03-06 01:27
on 2006-03-06 01:45
Hi Jake, On 3/6/06, Jake Good <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > I've recently ran into trouble with my Typo installation. > > Currently my site (http://www.thoughtstoblog.com) resides at Dreamhost. > I hadn't changed any configuration or any files and out of the blue the > base url (handled by the index action on the articles controller) was no > longer responding. I go to the base url (www.thoughtstoblog.com) and the > screen is blank, with no HTML. [ snip ] FYI, everything looks fine to me. Your last post is 2 days old and _does_ show up. To keep things slightly on topic, however, I stumbled upon this kind of symptoms when running under Webrick a few times. Deleting /tmp/ruby-sess* solved the problem. Seems to be related to sessions. Not familiar with Dreamhost's setup but I guess that it's not your case. However, as specified, your blog looks OK here. -- GRN http://nano.cube.ro - starting small. going big. http://www.infinium.ro - agile IT solutions
on 2006-03-06 01:54
I just now got it working again... I had made some simple modifications to the .htaccess which apparantly broke out of the blue. :: shrugs :: I just reverted my .htaccess and it's working. Now to figure out what the pesky things were in my .htaccess... Thanks for helping! Jake