Forum: Ruby on Rails AjaxScaffold 2.2.0 released with graceful JS degredation

8c6f7a9319edb23cd79440d7202d8668?d=identicon&s=25 Richard White (Guest)
Just wanted to let anyone know that might have checked out the generator
before and couldn't use it b/c you're project required graceful
degredation.
Well its in there now. Thanks everyone and enjoy.

Demo: http://ajaxscaffold.height1percent.com

Release Notes:
http://www.height1percent.com/articles/2006/03/04/...

--
Richard White
Interface Designer
> Just wanted to let anyone know that might have checked out the generator
> before and couldn't use it b/c you're project required graceful degredation.
> Well its in there now. Thanks everyone and enjoy.
>
> Demo: http://ajaxscaffold.height1percent.com
>
> Release Notes:

http://www.height1percent.com/articles/2006/03/04/...

> --

I just tried the ajax_scaffold_generator for the first time.  It
worked great with full records.

I want to use it to generate detail records in a master-detail setup.

Is there a howto online anywhere that would explain how to do that?

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group

Can you explain for the newbies what graceful degradation is and why
somebody might care?

thanks,
jp
9bd3a6bbea1330d30e6a46009bf27097?d=identicon&s=25 Alexandru Copot (copot)
on 2006-03-14 17:06
It means it won't work !

On 14 Mar 2006, at 17:01, Jeff Pritchard wrote:

> Graceful degradation.  Sounds like something Rodney Dangerfield would
> have been into.
>
> Can you explain for the newbies what graceful degradation is and why
> somebody might care?

It does exactly what it says: it degrades gracefully... if javascript
isn't enabled or unavailable on the user's computer. This usually
means there's a non-ajax (i.e. with page refreshes) fallback available.

HTH!

Best regards

Peter De Berdt