Forum: Ruby on Rails Ajax commenting

1e2dd87a31c5d3e07adc9efa375f4dc4?d=identicon&s=25 ry an (hreyaatnh)
on 2006-03-04 08:17
How hard is it to do Ajax commenting?  Can anyone provide an example,
maybe using scriptaculous as well?  I'm thinking this is fairly simple,
but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks.
959b1c9d700abfc065f5f40bf5a966a2?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy (Guest)
on 2006-03-04 08:44
ryan heath wrote:
> How hard is it to do Ajax commenting?  Can anyone provide an example,
> maybe using scriptaculous as well?  I'm thinking this is fairly simple,
> but maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Thanks.

Ryan,

You just need to use the "form_remote_tag" for your comment form; that
will make your rails application automatically use Ajax to handle the
post.

~Jimmy
15f87f2fef8b0ffedfa127b42895f5a1?d=identicon&s=25 William (Guest)
on 2006-03-05 16:11
Jimmy wrote:
> ryan heath wrote:
>> How hard is it to do Ajax commenting?  Can anyone provide an example,
>> maybe using scriptaculous as well?  I'm thinking this is fairly simple,
>> but maybe I'm wrong.

You can check out:

http://www.railshosting.org/#draggable_comments_window

for an example and brief tutorial.