Forum: Ruby on Rails Switchtower not updating code...

B80e1f4fdf39c57f89afadfa7d297f9d?d=identicon&s=25 Ray Morgan (Guest)
on 2006-03-03 23:34
When I deploy using switchtower the code does not update at all.  It
does however copy the old release into its timestamped directory under
/releases/, but nothing in /currect/... is updated.

Any help at all would be much appreciated!
Aa575b7606897a056f073f0f148804dd?d=identicon&s=25 Gareth Reeves (Guest)
on 2006-03-04 01:36
Ray Morgan wrote:
> When I deploy using switchtower the code does not update at all.  It
> does however copy the old release into its timestamped directory under
> /releases/, but nothing in /currect/... is updated.
>
> Any help at all would be much appreciated!

Do you get a new release under the release directory?
Does the current point to that new release?
Is the issue that the new release directory contains the same stuff as
the old release directory?

Gareth
B80e1f4fdf39c57f89afadfa7d297f9d?d=identicon&s=25 Ray Morgan (Guest)
on 2006-03-04 10:48
Gareth Reeves wrote:
> Do you get a new release under the release directory?
> Does the current point to that new release?
> Is the issue that the new release directory contains the same stuff as
> the old release directory?
>
> Gareth

When it run rake deploy, I do get a new release the release directory
and it also creates a shortcut inside the current to that... the Issue
is that thats all it does.. it never updates the source with the most
current source in svn repository.
On Mar 4, 2006, at 1:48 AM, Ray Morgan wrote:

> current source in svn repository.
current should be a symlink into the releases directory.

If there is a current *directory* there now, it's probably failing.

If there the user that you're deploying with doesn't have permissions
on the deployment directory, then it could be failing for that reason.

--
-- Tom Mornini