Forum: Ruby on Rails Need Authentication Source

6841c6b3981fd7583113c754b6839147?d=identicon&s=25 Dawn Taylor (dawntayl)
on 2006-03-03 16:14
Hi there,
This is my first post :)
I've read Agile and Rails Recipes book. Now i'm learning on making a
good authentication system and as i read this maillist archive, i'm
interested to have a demo source code (any .sit or .zip .tgz .bz2 would
be fine, i'm using tiger 10.4.5) for Security Model by Bruce Perens or
any other demos (like a part of Ezra's review system is it free?) or
acts_as_whatever / plugin or login engine or anything. I want to dive
more deeply to many available authentication systems without having to
follow along the tutorials one by one as i've read them all. I heard
members here are so friendly, any of you can send the demo source to my
email : dawntayl@gmail.com
Thank you very much for helping me to get closer to rails and to be a
part of the friendly rails community.

Cheers,

Dawn Taylor
dawntayl (at) gmail (dot) com
132a94ca65959bda6c74fae54bff2425?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
On Mar 3, 2006, at 7:14 AM, Dawn Taylor wrote:

> follow along the tutorials one by one as i've read them all. I heard
>
> --

Hi Dawn-

	Can you please clarify what you are asking for exactly? I am not
certain what you need. you have seen the different login systems out
there and want an example app code that uses one of them? Or you are
looking for suggestions about which ones to use? If you can clarify a
bit then we can help.

Cheers-
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
ezra@yakima-herald.com
6841c6b3981fd7583113c754b6839147?d=identicon&s=25 Dawn Taylor (dawntayl)
on 2006-03-04 08:34
Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
>     Can you please clarify what you are asking for exactly? I am not
> certain what you need. you have seen the different login systems out
> there and want an example app code that uses one of them? Or you are
> looking for suggestions about which ones to use? If you can clarify a
> bit then we can help.

Hi Ezra
No, I'm not looking for suggestions about which ones to use.
What I need = source code files from many existed tutorials available
out there. From basic to advanced. Perhaps many railers here have
already tried them so that i don't have to type/follow it again from a
tutorial to others.

I'm also interested in your login system source code (review system),
not all if it's not free, only an extracted one or a login part of it.
Is it free?

like:
(review system) yourloginsystem.zip
(dheaven) roleslogin.sit
(plugin) acts_as_whatever_login_example.tgz
(login engine) articleloginengine.tar.bz2
and other login source codes

Sorry for my unclear post. Hope I can see those kinda files in my inbox
from nice guys like y'all. I'd be very grateful if you send them to me
dawntayl@gmail.com
Thank you.

Cheers,

Dawn Taylor
dawntayl (at) gmail (dot) com
132a94ca65959bda6c74fae54bff2425?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
Dawn-

	I suggest that you try the acts_as_authenticated plugin. Its very
easy to understand once you install it by just reading the code and
coments. To install it just make a new rails app or use one you
already have, cd into the railsapp directory and run these commands:

$ script/plugin discover

#accept the repos from technoweenie

$ script/plugin install acts_as_authenticated.

	Then just look at the readme in RAILS_ROOT/vendor/plugins/
acts_as_authenticated to see what you need to do to install
everything. Then just read all the source code that gets put in your
app and it will help you out. Its a great login system thats very
basic so its easy to follow but it works very well.

Cheers-
-Ezra

On Mar 3, 2006, at 11:34 PM, Dawn Taylor wrote:

> out there. From basic to advanced. Perhaps many railers here have
> (plugin) acts_as_whatever_login_example.tgz
>
> Dawn Taylor
> dawntayl (at) gmail (dot) com
>
> --

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz