Forum: Ruby on Rails Speaking of sessions

A7d0c9261d7bdfec78bb2cadbe6de701?d=identicon&s=25 David Newberger (Guest)
Hi All,

I am trying to figure out some models and controller for a time tracking
system. More specifically I am trying to figure out the best way to
track how long a user was logged in for a given day week or month. I was
thinking from a database standpoint of having a created_ and and
updated_at in a session table and then I would find out the hours and
minutes that a user was logged in for that session. Then I would store
that information with the day it was. I would then create a class that
looks for a month, week, or day and calculates the total for each and
outputs it in a report. The reason I am coming to this list is because I
would to get your thoughts on this and any ideas as to weather it has
been done before and how.

--
David Newberger
Daddy, Developer, Geek, Blogger