Forum: Ruby Rails: User-role based content

A99711ffbdbea03d2392214077e73523?d=identicon&s=25 Preben (Guest)
Hi everyone.

Let's fx. say, that the content based on the front page (or any other
page) of the homepage is dependent on the roles that the user have.

How would you model this into a rails application?

I'm thinking of using the LoginGeneratorACLSystem for this application
and would like to have the contents of each 'unique' page be different
based on the user.

Thanks
Preben
Preben wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Let's fx. say, that the content based on the front page (or any other
> page) of the homepage is dependent on the roles that the user have.
>
> How would you model this into a rails application?
>
> I'm thinking of using the LoginGeneratorACLSystem for this application
> and would like to have the contents of each 'unique' page be different
> based on the user.

You will likely get a better, faster answer for Rails questions on the
Rails mailing list:

James Britt

"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
  for machines to execute."
   - H. Abelson and G. Sussman
   (in "The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)