Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Re: Rails via Lighttpd

0b8601544389bf0603f63bfe5afae865?d=identicon&s=25 Nathan Mealey (Guest)
Thanks for the info, the shebang fix did the trick.

Lighttpd starts, but Rails pages do not load. When I go to the URL
http://localhost/notification/ nothing happens.

Lighttpd spins its wheels for a few moments, and then silently fails. No
error messages in server.log or fastcgi.crash.log, no output to the
screen, nothing.

All of the shebang lines throughout the app have been fixed.

Could this be a permissions problem? And where could it be localized to?
What else could cause Lighttpd to silently die like this?

Thanks!

Nathan Mealey

Operations Director

Northeast Region

Pilgrim IT, LLC

NORTHEAST OFFICE

1 Short Street

Northampton, MA 01060

TEL  866.434.4976

FAX  413.587.0572

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are intended only for the
addressee and may contain information that is confidential and/or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or have
received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email
or by calling 866-434-4976. You should then delete the message and any
attachments or copies. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any
information contained herein.
132a94ca65959bda6c74fae54bff2425?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
Clear out your /tmp/ruby-sess* files when you get the blank screen
like that.

-Ezra

On Feb 27, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Nathan Mealey wrote:

> All of the shebang lines throughout the app have been fixed.
> Operations Director
>
> legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or have
> Palmer
> the
> penny dispatch.fcgi either isn't there or the shebang points to a Ruby
> Rails mailing list
> Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic