Forum: Ruby ruby-oci8 0.1.14

6ece05caebbfa91944047629101bc5ea?d=identicon&s=25 KUBO Takehiro (Guest)
ruby-oci8 0.1.14 is released.
This is a Oracle module using OCI8 API.

  URL:http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-oci8/

What's new:

* add OCI8#prefetch_rows=.

  This specifies the number of rows in a single round trip.
  The default value is one.
  See:
http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc_...

  In addition, setting zero may become a workaround of some
  Oracle internal problems.

* fix bug when binding a Bignum.

* (low-level API) add attrSet(OCI_ATTR_DESC_PUBLIC, -1).

* (low-level API) add a constant OCI_PTYPE_UNK.
On 2/26/06, KUBO Takehiro <kubo@jiubao.org> wrote:
>   The default value is one.

Thank you for your excellent work on this library. I've used it for a
dozen projects, and it has never caused me trouble.
58a62321e4961bb65cc202bfd9cc963a?d=identicon&s=25 Ollivier Robert (Guest)
on 2006-02-27 14:23
Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
> On 2/26/06, KUBO Takehiro <kubo@jiubao.org> wrote:
>>   The default value is one.
>>
> Thank you for your excellent work on this library. I've used it for a
> dozen projects, and it has never caused me trouble.

Same from here.  I'm using it regularely on several machines (Solaris
and MacOS X) without problems.  Works great.

Thanks.
Bf1e672f5e54581db4e6d45b7030d286?d=identicon&s=25 Steven Lumos (Guest)
Ollivier Robert <keltia@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks.

And here.  Also on Solaris and OSX, Oracle 10g.  I even use it with
the Instant Client *through an ssh tunnel* so I can take my Powerbook
and work in the cafe when I get sick of my office.

Steve
Ecf15b0bccba46fe1285f392b3ad0dde?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Styles (Guest)
on 2006-04-10 11:14
>> Thank you for your excellent work on this library. I've used it for a
>> dozen projects, and it has never caused me trouble.
>

> I'm using it regularely on several machines (Solaris
> and MacOS X) without problems.  Works great.

Has anyone managed to get the library to work with AIX, I've managed to
get everything working on a windows platform but AIX is a different
matter.

We're using AIX 5.3. If anyone has any compiled binaries they can point
me towards I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Tom