Forum: Rails Engines sync_permissions not working on controller modules

6283a59f2a604f29df2a4a68b320cc1d?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Johanesen (Guest)
on 2006-02-26 05:26
Quick Question:

I've got UserEngine and LoginEngine working on my app and everything's
going great. My problem is that while sync_permissions works for my
regular controllers, it's not working for my admin ones that are in a
subdirectory (:controller => 'admin/articles') Is there any way to get
it to see these controllers, or am I going to have to enter all the
controllers & actions into the permission table manually?

Thanks for the help.
D4e51fd9554030ab55c379fdc1a34826?d=identicon&s=25 Keith Lancaster (klancaster)
on 2006-03-05 01:49
Chris Johanesen wrote:
> Quick Question:
>
> I've got UserEngine and LoginEngine working on my app and everything's
> going great. My problem is that while sync_permissions works for my
> regular controllers, it's not working for my admin ones that are in a
> subdirectory (:controller => 'admin/articles') Is there any way to get
> it to see these controllers, or am I going to have to enter all the
> controllers & actions into the permission table manually?
>
> Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem and discovered that the problem had been
addressed in the svn version. However, it seems to have been broken
again in the latest entries. Additionally, the function
wrapped_table_name was re-introduced, which causes a compile error on my
machine. Any ideas guys about these two issues in the trunk?

Anyway, Chris:
I solved it for now by checking out a not-quite-head version of the
plugin.

cd to your plugins directory, blow away the existing user_engine dir,
and do
svn co -r 278 http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/user_engine/trunk
user_engine

This gets you a version that works with modules.

Keith
6283a59f2a604f29df2a4a68b320cc1d?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Johanesen (Guest)
on 2006-03-05 05:23
> I solved it for now by checking out a not-quite-head version of the
> plugin.
>
> cd to your plugins directory, blow away the existing user_engine dir,
> and do
> svn co -r 278 http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/user_engine/trunk
> user_engine
>
> This gets you a version that works with modules.

Thanks, this worked perfectly.