Forum: Ruby win32-clipboard 0.4.0

Aee77dba395ece0a04c688b05b07cd63?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Berger (Guest)
Hi all,

The Win32Utils team is happy to announce the release of win32-clipboard
0.4.0.

What's new?
===========
This release replaces the C code with a pure Ruby version that uses the
Win32API package.  It also adds a gemspec, and a gem on RubyForge.

That means that you can now do: gem install win32-clipboard.

Why?
====
This was a small package that was easy to convert.
There's a bug in gems wrt nested module/classes and C extensions.
Compiler issues, especially with the latest one click installer, were
proving to be too annoying.

What about the other Win32Utils packages?
Some will be converted.  Some will not, at least not for a while.  Keep
an eye out.

Regards,

The Win32Utils Team
Fcc5cdf0f0f3e1a3a39c11ed4bf8d5e5?d=identicon&s=25 Stephan Mueller (Guest)

* Daniel Berger <djberg96@gmail.com> [060225 04:59]:

> The Win32Utils team is happy to announce the release of win32-clipboard
> 0.4.0.

Works great with cygwin! :)

Just noticed a little bug in the documentation:
In the README file, chapter synopis

   puts "Setting data to 'foobar'"
   Clipboard.data = "foobar"

does not work. Instead it should say

   puts "Setting data to 'foobar'"
   Clipboard.set_data("foobar")

which does work. Thanks a lot for this gem.

Cheers,

- Steph.
Stephan Mueller wrote:
> In the README file, chapter synopis
>
>    puts "Setting data to 'foobar'"
>    Clipboard.data = "foobar"
>
> does not work. Instead it should say
>
>    puts "Setting data to 'foobar'"
>    Clipboard.set_data("foobar")
>
> which does work. Thanks a lot for this gem.

Oops, thanks.  Fixed in CVS.

Dan