Forum: Ruby on Rails create table from within rails?

2e78a3578d01878215a3e3c4c525e1bb?d=identicon&s=25 Mathew Hennessy (hennessy)

I'm looking to create tables from within rails, using mysql.  Can I do
this from within rails, or would I have to create a separate class that
uses Mysql directly?

Any tips highly appreciated,
- Matt
8adbed24cb8d91bfb8dce6cf1e7141b6?d=identicon&s=25 mat (Guest)
on 2006-02-24 04:21
Mathew Hennessy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to create tables from within rails, using mysql.  Can I do
> this from within rails, or would I have to create a separate class that
> uses Mysql directly?
>
> Any tips highly appreciated,
> - Matt

I was just reading about ActiveRecord::Schema. I've never used it
myself, but it might be a place to start looking.

-Mat (with one T :-)