Forum: Ruby on Rails Packaging an Application on Mac OS X with Platypus

Ef5ab33bba8dd9ca281e42c7a1642113?d=identicon&s=25 Gabriel Birke (archangel77)
on 2006-02-23 16:05
Platypus (http://sveinbjorn.sytes.net/platypus) is an application that
takes a shell script and packages it as a clickable Mac OS X
application.
I would like to have a clickable application that executes the command
"script/server" and displays the output in the text window, alongside
with a "quit"-button that ends the server process.
My shell script looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
$1/../script/server

When I execute the generated application the server gets started
correctly but it produces no output and the application quits without
ending the server script.

Has anybody tried what I am doing? Any tips for getting the desired
behavior?
0f38fcd80fc3e795ae2b8b018c7646e8?d=identicon&s=25 Joe Block (Guest)
In article <9de2590c1c8fd52ae391a401992ea249@ruby-forum.com>,
 Gabriel Birke <strauchdieb@gmx.de> wrote:

> When I execute the generated application the server gets started
> correctly but it produces no output and the application quits without
> ending the server script.
>
> Has anybody tried what I am doing? Any tips for getting the desired
> behavior?

Have a look at iHook <http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/ihook/>

jpb

--