Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.6 -- Win32 Service/Rails Real Good

> I just attempted to run instiki (the latest SVN release) with
> the new service mode, but I get a few errors/warning (all in
> all "strange" behaviors that made the instiki system behaving
> unreliably) in the instiki window (sorry I can't be more
> precise about those at the moment).

By any chance are those weird errors something like: "Internal Server
Error
Bad File Descriptor"?

If so, I seem to recall that starting the service with rubyw instead of
ruby fixed that.

Regards,

Dan
A9cdc0b24a1ee497ad749afab0ec5c30?d=identicon&s=25 Luigi Rizzo (luigi)
On 2/22/06, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger@qwest.com> wrote:
> By any chance are those weird errors something like: "Internal Server
> Error
> Bad File Descriptor"?

Yes! "Bad file descriptor", but also: "uninitialized constant
WikiContent".

> If so, I seem to recall that starting the service with rubyw instead of
> ruby fixed that.

How should I execute the fix you suggest? It seems from the mongrel
instructions posted by Zed this "thing" is pretty closed ... Is it
something the development team should do or I can do something on my
end (the dumb user end)?

Regards,

--L
8c43ed7f065406bf171c0f3eb32cf615?d=identicon&s=25 Zed Shaw (Guest)
Hey Luigi,

We'll look into that.  Seems that rubyw also has problems and there's
even
some issues with how things are compiled on the different versions.
Sometimes VC6, sometimes VC2003, it's all over the map.

Those constants though seem to be more ruby oriented.  Not sure why
you'd
get them only in Mongrel.  Maybe mongrel is accidentally including stuff
twice?

Do you get those with other platforms?

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/