Forum: Ruby on Rails Fwd: Moveable Type import question.

A831c1839cf298073c05e1f2826f0090?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Panay (Guest)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Panay <markpanay@gmail.com>
Date: 22-Feb-2006 16:59
Subject: Re: [Rails] Moveable Type import question.
To: Billy Mabray <billy@smartgoat.com>

Hi Billy,

Being new to rails, honestly, I don't really know what you mean. Sorry.

MT ouputs a nasty flat text file (extract below) and this is what I
need to parse, I want to get this into the new DB as simply as
possible, I'm happy to lose comments, trackbacks and all that kind of
stuff... the only thing I want is the posts and categories. I'm
starting to worry that I may need to go back to ASP (no, please don't
make me!!!).

Any Ideas?

AUTHOR: LSD
TITLE: Hip-Hop and R&B Artists MIA in Music Industry Struggle
STATUS: Publish
ALLOW COMMENTS: 0
CONVERT BREAKS: textile_2
ALLOW PINGS: 0
PRIMARY CATEGORY: Music Business
CATEGORY: Music Business

DATE: 09/02/1999 08:36:31 PM
-----
BODY:
Two years ago, in a pre-litigation move,(Courtney) Love circulated a
well-known letter to fellow recording artists about a "fair deal" from
the record labels. In her letter she
-----
EXTENDED BODY:

-----