Forum: Ruby Re: puts behaviour

Why?

> When I run my test
> harness using ruby -w test/testcase.rb the first "puts" in the second
> method prefixes the output string with a '.'  I cannot seem to locate
> any reference to this behaviour.  Under what circumstances
> does "puts"
> without any argument produce '.' as output?

I think you're just seeing the default testrunner behavior.

Dan
171ea139761951336b844e708d1547ab?d=identicon&s=25 James Byrne (byrnejb)
on 2006-02-22 19:15
Berger, Daniel wrote:

>> I have a number of "puts" in my testcase file.
>
> Why?

So that I could see certain values as they changed while developing the
test cases.  They are all gone now.  But the leading -dot- on some of my
directory paths was most confusing for a few moments.

Regards,
Jim