Forum: Ruby on Rails Moveable Type import question.

A831c1839cf298073c05e1f2826f0090?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Panay (Guest)
Hello RoRsters',

I've just started my first project with ROR, and frankly it's pretty
amazing, there are many things that still haven't "clicked" for me yet
but essentially it's all coming together.

My first project is a basic blog application to replace a current
Moveable Type based blog. I've managed to get the basic functionality
working, and considering that I'm learning as I go this has happened
very quickly, now I want to import my old posts from Moveable Type and
I'm a bit stuck. The MT format is non standard and there are a lot of
posts to deal with, I only need to do this once, so it doesn't really
need to be built into the app itself, although that would be
preferable. I am wondering if anybody else has some experience and/or
code that they can pass on?

I've also a question about how to handle dates, but one thing at a
time... :)

Thanks

Mark Panay

www.markpanay.com
Jargon Free Web & Mobile Development
5d15c6821f3c3054c04b85471824ba7c?d=identicon&s=25 Roustem Karimov (Guest)
On Wednesday, February 22, 2006, at 2:58 PM, Mark Panay wrote:
>I'm a bit stuck. The MT format is non standard and there are a lot of
>Mark Panay
>
>www.markpanay.com
>Jargon Free Web & Mobile Development

Mark,

Take a look at Typo:
http://www.typosphere.org/

AFAIK, it has Moveable Type converter.

Best Regards, Roustem.
A831c1839cf298073c05e1f2826f0090?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Panay (Guest)
Thanks for this,

but as far as I can make out, the API there is to allow a blogging
client to interact with typo as though Typo were MT...

I could be wrong as I'm pretty new to Rails.

Thanks again.

Mark.

On 22 Feb 2006 16:01:21 -0000, Roustem Karimov
<devlists-rubyonrails@devlists.com> wrote:
> >working, and considering that I'm learning as I go this has happened
> >Thanks
> Mark,
> Posted with http://DevLists.com.  Sign up and save your time!

Mark Panay

www.markpanay.com
Jargon Free Web Development
0e1f913bd7b6e69419fe88c82c9a15ed?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Stephens (Guest)
You were looking at the API interface, not the converter.  The
converters are here:

<http://www.typosphere.org/trac/browser/trunk/db/co...

-Sean
A831c1839cf298073c05e1f2826f0090?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Panay (Guest)
OK thanks... :)

Do you know if this is for flat text files, it looks as though it
connects to to a DB to get the MT information, this could just be me
misinterpreting it though.? I don;t have access to the MT server, but
I can export the posts.

thanks again for your help.

mark.