Forum: Ruby on Rails Fragment cache directory names in Rails 3

0043f4233a442d4bed9a2723f8a145fc?d=identicon&s=25 Robert R. (robert_r)
on 2010-11-29 21:51
Is there a way to set the directory structure for the fragment cache? I
know by default it is using Zlib.adler32 to generate the directory name
for a key.

Is there any way to configure this? I want to be able to clear the
fragment cache externally from the app by a different process.
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (conradwt)
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Robert R. <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

> Is there a way to set the directory structure for the fragment cache?

Yes, you can use the following:

config.cache_store = :file_store, "/path/to/cache/directory"

> know by default it is using Zlib.adler32 to generate the directory name
> for a key.
>
> Is there any way to configure this? I want to be able to clear the
> fragment cache externally from the app by a different process.

It seems that :mem_cache_store may be what you're looking for
because it uses a seperate process to manage an application's
cache.  However, it's in memory instead of the disk.  I would
recommend reading the following for additional information:

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/caching_with_rails.html

Good luck,

-Conrad
0043f4233a442d4bed9a2723f8a145fc?d=identicon&s=25 Robert R. (robert_r)
on 2010-11-29 22:37
Conrad Taylor wrote in post #964899:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Robert R. <lists@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to set the directory structure for the fragment cache?
>

> Yes, you can use the following:
>
> config.cache_store = :file_store, "/path/to/cache/directory"

>> know by default it is using Zlib.adler32 to generate the directory name
>> for a key.
>>
>> Is there any way to configure this? I want to be able to clear the
>> fragment cache externally from the app by a different process.
>>

> It seems that :mem_cache_store may be what you're looking for
> because it uses a seperate process to manage an application's
> cache.  However, it's in memory instead of the disk.  I would
> recommend reading the following for additional information:
>
> http://guides.rubyonrails.org/caching_with_rails.html
>
> Good luck,
>
> -Conrad

Well, all that does for me is allow me to move the cache directory. It
does not allow me to set the directory name structure. I want
predictable names (views/domain/controller/action/key for example), not
0EF/2FF/(etc).

I retested it just to make sure. I set it to be "tmp/cache2"

Here is my cache2 directory

cd tmp/cache2/
Robert-Rouses-MacBook-Pro:cache2 robertrouse$ ls
152  154  1BE  210  4BA
561a3a55352fe6a5343e541a6894b541?d=identicon&s=25 aa bb (bbnnt)
on 2011-09-07 12:41
I have juste above a a message that is telling me that this post is 6
months old… but  I still sort of resolve this problem with the
http://scottiestech.info/2011/07/23/fixing-the-rai...
Existing account

No account? Register here.