Forum: Ruby on Rails self.use_instantiated_fixtures

37c332966b49eeb1d54eeefd3bc5ce97?d=identicon&s=25 David Corbin (Guest)
Can this be controlled on a per TestCase basis, or is it only a global
setting?

David
337cdd270761e0e6f4356de45b04d388?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Viney (jonny)
on 2006-02-23 11:28
From a 10 seconds glance at the code my guess would be that you can't
set it to different values for each test very easily, but, you can
probably call instantiate_fixtures from inside a test to instantiate the
fixtures. Untested.

-Jonny.

David Corbin wrote:
> Can this be controlled on a per TestCase basis, or is it only a global
> setting?
>
> David
It gets set in the Test::Unit::TestCase portion of the test_helper.rb
file, so apparently you should be able to do it on a per TestCase
basis.

The best way to find these things out is to give them a shot :)

Pat