Forum: Ruby on Rails Switching to production environment

B6299fbb7a107f0ef0bef9fcd64331fd?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Czarny (Guest)
Hey All,

I can't seem to find a straight answer, but I was wondering if
someone could provide me with a simple explanation of switching to
the production environment. It looks like I could just alter
environments.rb under /config, but that seems like a hack. How would
I go about getting my application running in the production environment?

Cheers,
Eric Czarny

eczarny@stonehill.edu
On Feb 21, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Eric Czarny wrote:

> I can't seem to find a straight answer, but I was wondering if
> someone could provide me with a simple explanation of switching to
> the production environment. It looks like I could just alter
> environments.rb under /config, but that seems like a hack. How
> would I go about getting my application running in the production
> environment?

Uncomment this line in environment.rb:

# ENV['RAILS_ENV'] ||= 'production'

Then, you can set the RAILS_ENV environment variable
before starting the application.

--
-- Tom Mornini
429500a5a54600958c9c7ac032a37f66?d=identicon&s=25 Joe (Guest)

Joe