Forum: Radiant CMS Radiant CMS on Heroku with Postgre SQL

F6720c875c870d8ef877fde7964160a0?d=identicon&s=25 Petko (Guest)
Guys,

You are so great to maintain this discussion board and answer the
queries listed by the newbies here. Thank you for doing this.

Heroku announced recently an update in their Postgre SQL offering
(http://www.advertisertalk.com/heroku-postgresql-da...
update-17533.zhtml)

At present most of the how-to's on the web are written for Radiant/
sqlite/Heroku. Will anyone share observations on using Radiant CMS/
Heroku with Postgre SQL?

What are the tips and tricks we need to know? Ruby and gems versions?
Will it be a problem if I use Postgre SQL 9 insted 8.4.4.?

I am using Radiant CMS version 0.9.1.

Thanks,
Petko
09477c358c5897d44121a248326e16d7?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Gay (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Petko <petko@petko.com> wrote:
> sqlite/Heroku. Will anyone share observations on using Radiant CMS/
> Heroku with Postgre SQL?

Heroku uses postgres every time unless you specify otherwise. If you
make a local app using sqlite and push it to heroku, it will be
running on postgres there.

> What are the tips and tricks we need to know? Ruby and gems versions?
> Will it be a problem if I use Postgre SQL 9 insted 8.4.4.?

It shouldn't.