Forum: Ruby I'm SYCKened by the SYCK tutorial I found

Fd6b966829d6b03210442d37e060cdc3?d=identicon&s=25 Asfand Yar Qazi (Guest)
I am SYCK with disgust...

I did a search for 'syck tutorial' (without the quotes) on google - and
the
first search item that came up?

"suck cock tutorial - suckcocktutorial"

Ahem.

That .why character is behind this, I know it!

Anyway, It would be useful if a small tutorial in how to use SYCK with
C/C++
was provided.

I know you need a "symbol table", but I was thinking if there was some
way to
provide stream processing of YAML documents (ala expat does for XML.)

Could I do this?  I am in a situation where I could use XML, but I'm
syck
(sic) of XML - specifically of libxml2 - and need alternatives.

Thanks mateys
         Asfand Yar
912c61d9da47754de7039f4271334a9f?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Quoting Asfand Yar Qazi <ayZIG0106@qaziZIG.f2sZIG.com>:

> I did a search for 'syck tutorial' (without the quotes) on google
> - and the first search item that came up?
>
> "suck cock tutorial - suckcocktutorial"
>
> Ahem.
>
> That .why character is behind this, I know it!

It's really not his style.  Blame blind chance and indiscriminate
search engine algorithms.

-mental
04d072ab8843cfd3d1714faf3a2a0fb2?d=identicon&s=25 mathew (Guest)
Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> I know you need a "symbol table", but I was thinking if there was some
> way to provide stream processing of YAML documents (ala expat does for
> XML.)
>
> Could I do this?  I am in a situation where I could use XML, but I'm
> syck (sic) of XML - specifically of libxml2 - and need alternatives.

You know that REXML has a nice fast stream processing API, right?

If you're asking (in the wrong place) about C/C++, then Expat is
probably what you want.

mathew