Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] New version of Selenium on Rails

E3bce57ea4282d89d348aeeb70261f7f?d=identicon&s=25 Jonas Bengtsson (jonas)
on 2006-02-19 15:10
I've just released a new version of Selenium on Rails[1]. It's a plugin
that makes it easy to test Rails applications through browsers using
Selenium [2].

The major new features are exprimental support for running all tests
through a Rake task (which launches any number of browsers) and a new
format RSelenese.

The Rake task has a few rough edges so I would appreciate if people
could try it out and let me know if anything doesn't work. It currently
only support Windows, but ought to be easy to port to Linux/Mac OS X.

RSelenese is a format, contributed by Eric Kidd[3], which makes it
possible to write the tests in Ruby, like this:

 setup :fixtures => :all
 open '/'
 assert_title 'Home'
 ('a'..'z').each {|c| open :controller => 'user', :action => 'create',
:name => c }

Another change is that the plugin is only available in test environment,
but it's configurable.

script/plugin update (or reinstall the plugin if that doesnâ??t work)

Check it out and let me know what you think!

/Jonas

[1]
http://andthennothing.net/archives/2006/02/19/new-...
[2] http://www.openqa.org/selenium/
[3] http://www.randomhacks.net/
E3bce57ea4282d89d348aeeb70261f7f?d=identicon&s=25 Jonas Bengtsson (jonas)
on 2006-02-20 20:58
Jonas Bengtsson wrote:
> I've just released a new version of Selenium on Rails.

And now I've created a screencast to show most of the interesting
features: http://andthennothing.net/archives/2006/02/20/show-dont-tell

/Jonas
A44d5abad6e86cff4e34d9f0839535c9?d=identicon&s=25 Rick Bradley (Guest)
* Jonas Bengtsson (jonas.b@gmail.com) [060220 15:00]:
> Jonas Bengtsson wrote:
> > I've just released a new version of Selenium on Rails.
>
> And now I've created a screencast to show most of the interesting
> features: http://andthennothing.net/archives/2006/02/20/show-dont-tell

Great work!

Rick
--
 http://www.rickbradley.com    MUPRN: 183
                       |  unique aspects
   random email haiku  |  that Linux and X afford