Forum: Ruby on Rails distributing iconv.dll

7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (Guest)
I would like to distribute Iconv for Windows with my Rails
application (developing on a Mac, no experience with dlls). I threw
iconv.dll and charset.dll under lib without luck. Where would I need
to put them (if this is possible at all)?

-- fxn

PS: The reported error message is in Spanish but translated reads
something like "the specified process was not found: Init_iconv".
On 2/19/06, Xavier Noria <fxn@hashref.com> wrote:
> I would like to distribute Iconv for Windows with my Rails
> application (developing on a Mac, no experience with dlls). I threw
> iconv.dll and charset.dll under lib without luck. Where would I need
> to put them (if this is possible at all)?
>
> -- fxn
>
> PS: The reported error message is in Spanish but translated reads
> something like "the specified process was not found: Init_iconv".

Try putting them in c:\ruby\bin
They basically just need to be in the path, but having them in the
same folder as the ruby executable is a 'safer' alternative. (Because
it will still work if the target machine's PATH variable is broken.)