Forum: Ruby Ruby Cocoa Droplet?

8dad1ec4d769734583f45fbbee5cd009?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Pritchard (Guest)
on 2006-02-18 16:54
I'm a Ruby Nuby.  I plan on using rails for my web related Ruby
adventures, and have been considering Ruby Cocoa for a first try at
writing stand alone desktop apps - but don't know anything about it yet.

I have a simple idea for a first ruby program I would like to write, and
it would really be sweet if it could easily wind up as a small Mac
applet that  you just drop a text file on and it automatically generates
an output file from that.

I was wondering if there is easy support in Ruby Cocoa for this use
model, or would it require a bunch of "roll your own" effort for the
droplet aspect of the program?

Is there some other even simpler way to do a droplet app with Ruby?

thanks,
jp
0f38fcd80fc3e795ae2b8b018c7646e8?d=identicon&s=25 Joe Block (Guest)
In article <f95b419724bc3c5496821138b85c3f5e@ruby-forum.com>,
 Jeff Pritchard <jp@jeffpritchard.com> wrote:

> model, or would it require a bunch of "roll your own" effort for the
> droplet aspect of the program?
>
> Is there some other even simpler way to do a droplet app with Ruby?

Look for DropScript. You drag a script onto it and it turns it into a
droplet application.

--
Joe Block <jpb@apesseekingknowledge.net>

Have GNU, will travel.
8dad1ec4d769734583f45fbbee5cd009?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Pritchard (Guest)
on 2006-02-19 18:36
Hey, thanks Joe!  This is cool!

jp