Forum: Ruby on Rails Effect queues with RJS templates and scriptaculous

Cd4185cdca53ccdc11cd24ebc0cfb46d?d=identicon&s=25 Glen Stampoultzis (Guest)
Hi.  I was wondering if it's possible to combine effects for
individual elements with RJS templates.  I notice that scriptaculous
has support for a concept called effect queues
(http://www.railsdevelopment.com/2006/01/15/effectqueue/).  Is there
anyway to use these queues from rjs?
2ccb2f7699267d258faaafce4ee997df?d=identicon&s=25 Cody Fauser (Guest)
Glen,

You can use the effect queues from RJS by passing the :queue option to
visual_effect.

A simple example:

page.visual_effect :highlight, 'first', :queue => 'end'
page.visual_effect :highlight, 'second', :queue => 'end'
page.visual_effect :highlight, 'third', :queue => 'front'

It doesn't look like scoped queues will work yet, though.

On 2/18/06, Glen Stampoultzis <gstamp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.  I was wondering if it's possible to combine effects for
> individual elements with RJS templates.  I notice that scriptaculous
> has support for a concept called effect queues
> (http://www.railsdevelopment.com/2006/01/15/effectqueue/).  Is there
> anyway to use these queues from rjs?

Cody Fauser
http://www.codyfauser.com
03cb7371db223067d0daab54e1f95cb2?d=identicon&s=25 Abdur-Rahman Advany (Guest)

Well I have made a patch for supporting visual_effect but it isn't
applied yet.
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/3530