Forum: Ruby on Rails PayPal WSDL API on Rails anyone ?

3dd4b52a0946bd698b1d1635a46ea3a3?d=identicon&s=25 Francois Beausoleil (Guest)
Hi !

Has anyone connected to the Mass Pay API of PayPal using Rails ?  I
need to do this for a customer, and I wanted to know how easy/hard it
was.  I have no experience using SOAP, WSDL, etc.

I saw soap4r[1] on the RAA[2].  This is probably what I'll need to
use.  One question I haven't answered yet is whether soap4r will
accept PayPal's certificates ?

Thanks for any information on this topic.

Have a nice day !
--
François Beausoleil
http://blog.teksol.info/

[1] http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/soap4r/
[2] Ruby Application Archive: http://raa.ruby-lang.org/
2119f016588ba13373484491bd2dd6d1?d=identicon&s=25 Joe Peck (fatcatt316)
on 2006-12-12 21:49
Francois Beausoleil wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Has anyone connected to the Mass Pay API of PayPal using Rails ?  I
> need to do this for a customer, and I wanted to know how easy/hard it
> was.  I have no experience using SOAP, WSDL, etc.
>
> I saw soap4r[1] on the RAA[2].  This is probably what I'll need to
> use.  One question I haven't answered yet is whether soap4r will
> accept PayPal's certificates ?
>
> Thanks for any information on this topic.
>
> Have a nice day !
> --
> François Beausoleil
> http://blog.teksol.info/
>
> [1] http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/soap4r/
> [2] Ruby Application Archive: http://raa.ruby-lang.org/
This is exactly what I'm trying to do.  I'm trying to make it so my
Rails program will automatically send money to certain users, without me
having to manually enter anything.
4f0c9dc6cf209d996ab24502ee5c7f2f?d=identicon&s=25 Bothari (Guest)
Have you guys had any success?  I have my hands full right this
minute, but I can put together an example next week, if that would
help.
Joe

> > accept PayPal's certificates ?
> This is exactly what I'm trying to do.  I'm trying to make it so my
> Rails program will automatically send money to certain users, without me
> having to manually enter anything.
>
> --

"For a new software system, the requirements will not be completely
known until after the users have used it."  Humphrey's Requirements
Uncertainty Principle.
2119f016588ba13373484491bd2dd6d1?d=identicon&s=25 Joe Peck (fatcatt316)
on 2006-12-14 16:55
Bothari wrote:
> Have you guys had any success?  I have my hands full right this
> minute, but I can put together an example next week, if that would
> help.
> Joe

I've had limited success.  If you posted an example, that would help out
a lot.
4f0c9dc6cf209d996ab24502ee5c7f2f?d=identicon&s=25 Bothari (Guest)
Joe,

Well, I have an example, but it doesn't work.

I'm putting my notes at
http://www.bodkinconsulting.com/wiki/index.php?tit...

Can you look at this and tell me why this generates NO request xml?

Thanks,
Joe

  def send_masspay
      massPayReq = MassPayReq.new
      massPayRequest = MassPayRequestType.new
      massPayReq = massPayRequest
      massPayRequest.version = "2.0"

      massPayItems = []
      massPayRequest.massPayItem = massPayItems
      massPayItems[0] = MassPayRequestItemType.new
      massPayItems[0].receiverEmail=params[:receiverEmail1]
      massPayItems[0].amount = AmountType.new(params[:amount1] )
      massPayItems[0].amount.xmlattr_currencyID = 'USD'
      massPayItems[0].note = params[:note1]

      massPayItems[1] = MassPayRequestItemType.new
      massPayItems[1].receiverEmail=params[:receiverEmail2]
      massPayItems[1].amount = AmountType.new(params[:amount2] )
      massPayItems[1].amount.xmlattr_currencyID = 'USD'
      massPayItems[1].note = params[:note2]

      paypalClient = PayPalHttpClient.new.client_setup
      @resp = paypalClient.massPay(massPayReq)