Forum: Ruby Re: getoptlong, getopt, parseopt, which one to use for comma

Berger, Daniel (Guest)
> > There seems to be several options out there.  Which one
> should be used
> > when creating command line tools?
>
> it keeps things exciting to mix them up in unpredictable ways
> - preferably in obfusicated code.
>
> ;-)
>
> seriously - use getoptlong for simple stuff and optparse if
> your needs are more elaborate.

Use getopt for simple stuff or commandline if your needs are more
elaborate.

:-D

Dan
Charlie Bowman (Guest)
I'm not sure what you mean.  I know what getopt is but what do you mean
by use commandline?
Mark Volkmann (Guest)
commandline is in RubyForge.  See
http://rubyforge.org/projects/optionparser/.