Forum: NGINX Bugfix: requests might hang if resolver was used

1b8822738bf9c82ce71ca9e836191ea8?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Woods (Guest)

Where do I need to ask if a bug fix will be treated as major and ported
to the 1.6 feature stable branch?

Specifically, the following is having a significant impact for us, and
makes using resolver extremely unstable with proxy_pass and variables.
*) Bugfix: requests might hang if resolver was used and a DNS server
       returned a malformed response; the bug had appeared in 1.5.8.
We're testing 1.7 mainline, but I would expect that due to existence and
availability of 1.6, things like this would be fixed in that branch too,
since it's still a "current" version?

Thanks!

Jason
419b29425e1245886d653616ba381f00?d=identicon&s=25 Maxim Konovalov (Guest)
Hi Jason,

On 8/26/14 12:47 PM, Jason Woods wrote:
>        returned a malformed response; the bug had appeared in 1.5.8.
>
> We're testing 1.7 mainline, but I would expect that due to existence
> and availability of 1.6, things like this would be fixed in that
> branch too, since it's still a "current" version?

We are working now on the another bugfix in the nginx resolver code
and will consider backporting these patches to 1.6.2 (ETA ~2 weeks).

--
Maxim Konovalov
http://nginx.com

Done: http://nginx.org/en/CHANGES-1.6