Forum: Ruby Rubuntu LiveCD I need vim/emacs configs!

Friends-

	I am working on a linux distro liveCD called Rubuntu. Which is, you
guessed it, a ruby/raisl centric ubuntu livecd that has the option to
install to your HD if your so inclined. I hope to have my build
system for this set up this weekend so i can start pumping out a few
betas while I tweak it to perfection.

	I need some help from the community.

	What I really need some help with is killer ruby configs for vim,
emacs and jedit. And anything else you would like to see included,
please drop me a note and any pointers you have for configuration
that would be best suited for this.

	I already have all the basics included as far as ruby/gems and a
bunch of database bindings and ruby configured mongrel, apache and
lighty. And I already have plenty of usefull ruby libs installed.
What I really need is the icing on the cake. I want thsi to come
setup with all the trimmings. So all you folks with killer vimrc's
and emacs ruby configs please contact me.

	Any little creature comforts you like or nice customization you rely
on to get through you ruby work on linux would be much appreciated.

Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point

Thanks-
-Ezra
622fa8560c82dfaa59c91ec75efb0c19?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Combas (Guest)
On 2/16/06, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius@gmail.com> wrote:
>         What I really need some help with is killer ruby configs for vim,

Awesome!
I just use standard ruby-mode.el for emacs.

But I would like to suggest (if you dont alread have them)
irbsh
ruby-game
gdb
C363de83c027342b5a3a2c946a6bd4ce?d=identicon&s=25 Barry Dmytro (Guest)
* Ezra Zygmuntowicz (ezmobius@gmail.com) wrote:
> Friends-
>
> Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point

I'm sorry I can't offer my ruby vimrc file.  I lost it some time ago and
instead of rewritting it I switched to scite. :(

Although you've mostly likely considered it already a nice suite of ruby
aware
editors besides emacs, vim, and jedit would be nice.  I am suggesting
including
gedit, scite, freeride, and kate (if you are going to include some kde
libraries).  I would also recommend some pure ruby editors such as
diakonos.

One other must in my eyes would be to include every ruby app and game
that you
can find that is runnable.  Also of interest would be to include the
ruSH (a
ruby shell) and possibly some ruby extensions to the shell.

You've most likely been here already, but in case you haven't I
recommend
looking at: http://rubyforge.org/projects/vim-ruby/

Kind Regards,
Fe9b2d0628c0943af374b2fe5b320a82?d=identicon&s=25 Eero Saynatkari (rue)
on 2006-02-16 22:51
Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> Friends-
>
> 	I am working on a linux distro liveCD called Rubuntu. Which is, you
> guessed it, a ruby/raisl centric ubuntu livecd that has the option to
> install to your HD if your so inclined. I hope to have my build
> system for this set up this weekend so i can start pumping out a few
> betas while I tweak it to perfection.
>
> 	I need some help from the community.
>
> 	What I really need some help with is killer ruby configs for vim,
> emacs and jedit. And anything else you would like to see included,
> please drop me a note and any pointers you have for configuration
> that would be best suited for this.
>
> 	I already have all the basics included as far as ruby/gems and a
> bunch of database bindings and ruby configured mongrel, apache and
> lighty. And I already have plenty of usefull ruby libs installed.
> What I really need is the icing on the cake. I want thsi to come
> setup with all the trimmings. So all you folks with killer vimrc's
> and emacs ruby configs please contact me.
>
> 	Any little creature comforts you like or nice customization you rely
> on to get through you ruby work on linux would be much appreciated.

I run a really minimal config for vim. I really need a sensible
colour scheme, though, for my eyes. As a plus, it has mappings
for dvorak users. Here are my settings:

  http://www.magical-cat.org/personal/settings/.vimrc
  http://www.magical-cat.org/personal/settings/.gvimrc
  http://www.magical-cat.org/personal/settings/.vim

The colours look like this:

  http://www.magical-cat.org/personal/images/vim_zen...

> Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point
>

> Thanks-
> -Ezra

On 2/16/06, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius@gmail.com> wrote:
>         What I really need some help with is killer ruby configs for vim,
>
>         Any little creature comforts you like or nice customization you rely
> on to get through you ruby work on linux would be much appreciated.
>
> Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point

I'm mostly a vim noob, so I'm looking forward to hearing other
suggestions from long-time users.
However, I've found these three mappings to be handy.

:imap <C-e> <lt>%=  %><Left><Left><Left>
:imap <C-x> <lt>%  -%><Left><Left><Left><Left>
:imap <C-d> <Esc>odef <CR>end<Up><Up>#<Down><Esc>A

Ctrl-e and Ctrl-x spit out <%= %> and <% -%> respectively, and
position the cursor in the appropriate spot.

Ctrl-d inserts:
#
def
end
..and then repositions the cursor after the 'def' in insert mode.
2a3d402b459dc1c1194762d647322419?d=identicon&s=25 Phil Hagelberg (Guest)
On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 06:12 +0900, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point

Awesome idea.

Make sure it has an .irbrc with require 'irb/completion' in it. Make
sure it includes Ruby-GNOME2. Ruby-Gecko[1] as the default browser would
be a nice touch, if not the most effective choice. =D

Also, ruby-electric[2] is a nice emacs mode. chris2 has some nifty ruby
stuff[3] that requires emacs22 if you are thinking of going that route.

I would advise against using MMM-mode for ERB by default since it seems
to usually be more trouble than it's worth. CSS-mode is worth including.

You can see my .emacs[4], but it's nothing special.

-Phil Hagelberg

1 - http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?RubyGecko
2 - http://shylock.uw.hu/Emacs/ruby-electric.el
3 -
http://chneukirchen.org/blog/archive/2004/09/ete-e...
4 - http://dev.technomancy.us/phil/browser/dotfiles
Fe9b2d0628c0943af374b2fe5b320a82?d=identicon&s=25 Eero Saynatkari (rue)
on 2006-02-17 00:32
Phil Hagelberg wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 06:12 +0900, Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
>> Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point
>
> Awesome idea.
>
> Make sure it has an .irbrc with require 'irb/completion' in it.

Also, sticking this in ~/.irbrc helps:

  # Works both with constants and strings (ri Hash vs ri 'Hash')
  def ri(obj)
    puts `ri #{obj}`
  end

>                                                                  Make
> sure it includes Ruby-GNOME2. Ruby-Gecko[1] as the default browser would
> be a nice touch, if not the most effective choice. =D
>
> Also, ruby-electric[2] is a nice emacs mode. chris2 has some nifty ruby
> stuff[3] that requires emacs22 if you are thinking of going that route.
>
> I would advise against using MMM-mode for ERB by default since it seems
> to usually be more trouble than it's worth. CSS-mode is worth including.
>
> You can see my .emacs[4], but it's nothing special.
>
> -Phil Hagelberg
>
> 1 - http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?RubyGecko
> 2 - http://shylock.uw.hu/Emacs/ruby-electric.el
> 3 -
> http://chneukirchen.org/blog/archive/2004/09/ete-e...
> 4 - http://dev.technomancy.us/phil/browser/dotfiles

Cool, I have a killer .irbrc already with some really nice stuff in
it. I have made an entry on my blog and I would like to collect the
information from everyone there in the comments if possible please:

  http://brainspl.at/articles/2006/02/16/rubuntu-is-...

There's even a cool new logo for it there ;-)

Cheers-
-Ezra
7264fb16beeea92b89bb42023738259d?d=identicon&s=25 Christian Neukirchen (Guest)
Phil Hagelberg <lists@hagelb.org> writes:

> stuff[3] that requires emacs22 if you are thinking of going that route.
Wow, I completely forgot I wrote that. :-P

> I would advise against using MMM-mode for ERB by default since it seems
> to usually be more trouble than it's worth. CSS-mode is worth including.

I have no trouble with MMM-mode here, this is the relevant part of my
.emacs (stolen together from the web):

;; for Rails
;; 17jan2006  +chris+
(require 'mmm-mode)
(require 'mmm-auto)
(setq mmm-global-mode 'maybe)
(setq mmm-submode-decoration-level 2)
(set-face-background 'mmm-output-submode-face  "Grey30")
(set-face-background 'mmm-code-submode-face    "Grey40")
(set-face-background 'mmm-comment-submode-face "Grey50")
(mmm-add-classes
 '((erb-code
    :submode ruby-mode
    :match-face (("<%#" . mmm-comment-submode-face)
                 ("<%=" . mmm-output-submode-face)
                 ("<%"  . mmm-code-submode-face))
    :front "<%[#=]?"
    :back "%>"
    :insert ((?% erb-code       nil @ "<%"  @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @)
             (?# erb-comment    nil @ "<%#" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @)
             (?= erb-expression nil @ "<%=" @ " " _ " " @ "%>" @))
    )))
(add-hook 'html-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (setq mmm-classes '(erb-code))
            (mmm-mode-on)))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.rhtml$" . html-mode))
(define-key mmm-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-c") 'mmm-parse-buffer)

One thing possibly interesting is this:

;; for test/unit
;; 12nov2004  +chris+
(add-to-list 'compilation-error-regexp-alist
    '("test[a-zA-Z0-9_]*([A-Z][a-zA-Z0-9_]*)
\\[\\(.*\\):\\([0-9]+\\)\\]:"
     1 2))

But I'm not sure that regexp still works...
On 2/16/06, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius@gmail.com> wrote:

>         What I really need some help with is killer ruby configs for vim,
> emacs and jedit. And anything else you would like to see included,
> please drop me a note and any pointers you have for configuration
> that would be best suited for this.

I am happy with my config:

set nobackup
set nocompatible
set backspace=indent,eol,start

set history=50          " keep 50 lines of command line history
set ruler               " show the cursor position all the time
set showcmd             " display incomplete commands
set incsearch           " do incremental searching

map Q gq

set autoindent          " always set autoindenting on
set shiftwidth=2
set tabstop=2
set expandtab
set tw=80
set nohlsearch
map <silent> <C-N> :se invhlsearch<CR>

filetype on
filetype indent on
filetype plugin on
syntax on
if !exists( "*EndToken" )
 function EndToken()
   let current_line = getline( '.' )
   let braces_at_end = '{\s*\(|\(,\|\s\|\w\)*|\s*\)\?$'
   if match( current_line, braces_at_end ) >= 0
     return '}'
   else
     return 'end'
   endif
 endfunction
endif

noremap <F5> :set invpaste paste?<Enter>
imap <F5> <C-O><F5>
set pastetoggle=<F5>

map <C-R> :!ruby %<CR>
map <C-A> :!rake<CR>
map <C-I> :!ri <cword><CR>

imap <C-L> <ESC>:execute 'normal o' . EndToken()<CR>O
imap <C-B> def test_<C-L><BS><BS><BS><BS><BS><BS>
"{{{ Ruby block delimiter conversion: do end <=> { }
"Copyright (c) 2005 Mauricio Fernandez
"Subject to same licensing terms as Ruby.
" requires matchit and friends
" since it uses the % and = bindings
function! s:String_Strip(str)
   let s = substitute(a:str, '\v^\s*', '', '')
   return substitute(s, '\v\s*$', '', '')
endfunction
function! s:RubyBlockBraceToDoEnd(lineno)
   " { } => do end
   let oldz = getreg("z")
   call setreg("z", "")
   execute 'normal ^f{%l"zd$'
   let suffix = s:String_Strip(getreg("z"))
   call setreg("z", oldz)
   let orig = getline(".")
   let repl = substitute(orig, '\v\s*\{\s*(\|[^|]*\|)?.*', ' do \1', '')
   call setline(".", repl)
   let nextline = substitute(orig, '\v[^{]*\v\s*\{\s*(\|[^|]*\|)?', '',
'')
   let nextline = substitute(nextline, '\}[^}]*$', '', '')
   let numlines = 0

   " uncomment one of the following:

   " (1) just insert the body without splitting the lines on ;
   "call append(a:lineno, nextline)
   "call append(a:lineno+1, 'end' . suffix)
   "

   " (2) try to split on ; ...
   call append(a:lineno, 'end' . suffix)
   " this is what we would want to do:
   "let nextline = substitute(nextline, ';', "\n", 'g')

   while stridx(nextline, ";") != -1
       let eom = stridx(nextline, ";")
       let line = s:String_Strip(strpart(nextline, 0, eom))
       call append(a:lineno + numlines, line)
       let numlines = numlines + 1
       let nextline = strpart(nextline, eom+1, strlen(nextline) - eom -
1)
   endwhile
   let nextline = s:String_Strip(nextline)
   if strlen(nextline) > 0
       call append(a:lineno + numlines, nextline)
       let numlines = numlines + 1
   endif

   " this is what it all began with...
   "execute 'normal :s/\v\s*\{\s*(\|.*\|)?/ do \1\r/
'
   "execute 'normal g_cw
en
rmal V' . (1 + numlines) . 'j='
   "echo "{ } => do end"
endfunction

function! s:RubyBlockDoEndToBrace(_firstline, _lastline)
   " do end => { }
   let linenum = a:_firstline + 1
   let orig = getline(".")
   while linenum < a:_lastline - 1
       let addline = getline(linenum)
       if '\v^\s*$' !~ addline
           let addline = substitute(addline, '\v^\s*', '', '')
           let addline = substitute(addline, '\s*$', '; ', '')
           let orig = orig . addline
       endif
       let linenum = linenum + 1
   endwhile
   let l = substitute(getline(a:_lastline-1), '\v^\s*', '', '')
   let l = substitute(l, '\s*$', '', '')
   let orig = orig . l
   let l = substitute(getline(a:_lastline), '\v^\s*end(\.|\s|$)@=', '
}', '')
   let l = substitute(l, '\s*$', '', '')
   let orig = orig . l

   "echo orig
   "input(orig)
   let repl = substitute(orig, '\v\s*do\s*(\|[^|]*\|)?', '{\1 ', '')
   "execute 'normal d' . (a:_lastline - a:_firstline) . 'j'
   execute ':' . a:_firstline . ',' . a:_lastline . 'd'
   call append(a:_firstline - 1, repl)
   execute ':' . a:_firstline
   "echo "do end => { }"
endfunction

map <SID>xx <SID>xx
let s:sid = maparg("<SID>xx")
unmap <SID>xx
let s:sid = substitute(s:sid, 'xx', '', '')

function! <SID>RubyBlockSwitchDelimiters() range
   set nofoldenable
   if a:firstline == a:lastline
       let braceidx = match(getline("."), '{')
       let doidx = match(getline("."), '\<do\>')
       if braceidx != -1 && (doidx == -1 || braceidx < doidx)
           call s:RubyBlockBraceToDoEnd(a:firstline)
       elseif doidx != -1
           execute 'normal /\<do\>' . "\n" . 'V%:call ' .
                       \ s:sid . 'RubyBlockSwitchDelimiters()' . "\n"
       else
           echo "No block found"
       end
   else
       call s:RubyBlockDoEndToBrace(a:firstline, a:lastline)
   endif
   "execute 'normal V2k='
   "execute 'normal v5j'
endfunction

command! -range B <line1>,<line2>call <SID>RubyBlockSwitchDelimiters()
vmap <Leader>B :call <SID>RubyBlockSwitchDelimiters()<cr>
94c55571337bd806d142df615252a6d4?d=identicon&s=25 Jon Baer (Guest)
Ive switched from emacs to the new RadRails IDE as it is pretty slick
although Im not sure if included a Java JVM will bloat your distro any
or *if* you are even allowed to include a VM (I think you are) ...

http://www.radrails.org

Will the distro have mysql/postgres/kirbybase installed?

- Jon
On Feb 21, 2006, at 7:38 AM, Jon Baer wrote:

Jon-

	Yeah I have had multiple requests for RadRails so I will try to
include it as long as I am allowed to. And yes kirbybase/mysql/
postgresql will all be installed and configured. And I will make a
local repo of as many gems as space allows.

	This project got a very large response with many requests. So it
will be a bit more work then I first thought. But I have a
preliminary build script done that buidl the livecd with ruby/rails
and the databases and a few gems. I will be adding packages and
requests to it. My plan is to get it through a few beta releases and
then have the real 1.0 release of it sometime in the next month or two.

Cheers-

-Ezra

PS. Here is a little wiki I set up for people to log there software
requests on. Please do add things you wold like to see included.

	http://brainspl.at:8000/RubuntuRequestsList
9c861c5f4c053187119624ec2c779579?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Ellis (Guest)
<posted & mailed>

Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point

Well, if we're brainstorming...

The KDevelop packages come with modes and templates and example apps
for developing (KDE, or other) apps in Ruby, presumably largely
courtesy of Richard Dale.

KOffice 1.5 will also include some (rather experimental) support for
scripting Krita (images) and Kexi (databases) in Ruby.  Only the beta
is out so far, but you can get the Debian and Kubuntu packages.

Martin
DÅ?a Utorok 21 Február 2006 16:38 Jon Baer napísal:
> Ive switched from emacs to the new RadRails IDE as it is pretty slick
> although Im not sure if included a Java JVM will bloat your distro any
> or *if* you are even allowed to include a VM (I think you are) ...

sun-j2re from an unofficial Debian repository, 30 MB compressed, 90 MB
uncompressed. It doth hurt a bit, but I'd put it in for the heck of it
if
possible. I think Eclipse itself amounts to more, and even Postgres eats
20
megs in full.

The problem is, the Sun Java is classified as non-free, so I don't think
you
can bundle that in an "official" Debian-based distribution - don't know
if
Ubuntu loosened their licencing restrictions on the issue.

You might want to try the GCJ compiled Eclipse, but that one's huge too.

David Vallner
4ca810ba562c5450ab73638c4c19dccd?d=identicon&s=25 Pistos (Guest)
on 2006-02-22 07:13
Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> 	Any little creature comforts you like or nice customization you rely
> on to get through you ruby work on linux would be much appreciated.
>
> Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point

Well, I was about to toot my own horn, but it looks as though someone
already mentioned it: I would be quite appreciative if you included
Diakonos.  :)

Pistos
4ca810ba562c5450ab73638c4c19dccd?d=identicon&s=25 Pistos (Guest)
on 2006-02-22 07:14
Pistos wrote:
> Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
>> 	Any little creature comforts you like or nice customization you rely
>> on to get through you ruby work on linux would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Other thoughts or suggestions? I'm all ears at this point
>
> Well, I was about to toot my own horn, but it looks as though someone
> already mentioned it: I would be quite appreciative if you included
> Diakonos.  :)
>
> Pistos

Sorry for the double post, but, for reference:
http://purepistos.net/diakonos .
On 2/21/06, David Vallner <david@vallner.net> wrote:

> The problem is, the Sun Java is classified as non-free, so I don't think you
> can bundle that in an "official" Debian-based distribution - don't know if
> Ubuntu loosened their licencing restrictions on the issue.

why not just use ubuntu's free-java-sdk which wraps around the GNU
tools and acts as a replacement for sun's SDK.

it's in universe on breezy
28d78f0eb6df0191896f8696741b63d5?d=identicon&s=25 Gary Watson (pfharlock)
on 2006-02-22 18:02
The only must have change I always make is to include some commands at
the bottom of the ruby.vim script in the indent directory that sets
tabstop softtabstop and shiftwidth to 2 and turns on expandtab.  This is
nice because it only affects the .rb files, other files have the tab
settings set to 4 which is usually what I use for non ruby stuff.  I'm
sortof surprised that these changes aren't in that file by default.

  Good luck on this project.  It sounds very cool.
      Gary
Dòa Streda 22 Február 2006 07:48 Gregory Brown napísal:

> > The problem is, the Sun Java is classified as non-free, so I don't think
> > you can bundle that in an "official" Debian-based distribution - don't
> > know if Ubuntu loosened their licencing restrictions on the issue.
>
> why not just use ubuntu's free-java-sdk which wraps around the GNU
> tools and acts as a replacement for sun's SDK.
>
> it's in universe on breezy

You don't need the SDK for eclipse, you need the JRE. It seems they got
Eclipse to run using the GNU tools (this would be GIJ, I think), and
compile
it too. The problem would be if RadRails or any other plugin tried to
use
classes the GNU Classpath or whatever is used doesn't have - I'd have
severe
doubts about anything added in Java 1.5, and even worse for anything
using
5.0 language features.

My point is that it might work, but requires testing that would not be
required with the Sun JRE - ergo, the lazy man I am, I would go with the
latter if possible.

David Vallner
7243f9f4653bf65af7938c68c7e3c182?d=identicon&s=25 Joe (Guest)
Just a thought - what about creating a VMware player appliance with all
the tools installed? I have an Ubuntu image with Rails/LightTPD/MySQL,
and it works really well for use as a pre-production/stage environment.
It acts like a separate physical machine, so you can even install SSH
server and try out Switchtower for deployment. Plus, you don't have to
install all these services in your host OS, which can really slow it
down. Of course, this won't work for Mac users. But who knows what
VMware will do.
Joe
2f4b37560915805b4de8c0fb1a246eb9?d=identicon&s=25 Brandon Hines (Guest)
This topic has been dead for a few days...how's the project coming?
6076c22b65b36f5d75c30bdcfb2fda85?d=identicon&s=25 ezmobius mob (Guest)
On 3/24/06, Brandon Hines <brandonhines@gmail.com> wrote:

> This topic has been dead for a few days...how's the project coming?

It's actaully progressing quite well. The holdup is because I am in the
process of moving to another city for a new job(ruby job of course ;)
and my
linux boxes are packed up until April 10th :/ But There will be a
release in
April for sure. I have also ditched ubuntu as a livecd base to work off
of.
Morphix allows for a much nicer automated build process and is itself
designed to build custom debian livecd's with and these livecd's can be
installed to HD and augmented with a flash drive. So you can install
extra
packages and whatever else you want and it will be able to back these
changes up to your thumb drive so you ca re-graft your changes back onto
the
livecd when you reboot it or take it to another computer.

There have been many great requests and I got a ton f good config files
for
various programs so this will be a fun cd. I will be sharing the entire
build script and  tutorial so folks can build their own versions if they
want.

So I guess i need a new name ;) Any suggestions?

Cheers-
Ezra Zygmuntowicz
ezmobius@gmail.com
"Rubyists don't throw rocks at dogs"
On 3/25/06, ezmobius mob <ezmobius@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Rubyists don't throw rocks at dogs"

Hehe. My quote! ;)
Cc1fbccb0b6aa93d648bcbdf9c3a35e1?d=identicon&s=25 Mathieu Blondel (Guest)

I would suggest "Ruby Live".

Also, if you have enough space, I think you should not only target
developers but also people who haven't yet switched to Ruby. For that
purpose, you would need to install cool apps that demonstrate the power
of Ruby. For example, you could install Typo for Rails, Alexandria for
Ruby-GNOME2, games in Ruby/SDL etc.

Maybe you could also start a project on Rubyforge.

Mathieu
2f4b37560915805b4de8c0fb1a246eb9?d=identicon&s=25 Brandon Hines (Guest)
Good to hear that the project is alive and kicking!

Name Suggestions:
"Mobile Ruby" (though that sounds like a phone app)
"RIMP" (Ruby in my Pocket) (too bad is sounds like "GIMP")
"*Ruby" (instead of *nix)

"Ruby Live" as suggested by another poster also sounds pretty good,
though, in my opinion, "Live" sounds a bit generic since it's a common
distro title.  As you can see though, I'm not comming up with anything
better.  ;)

As for a logo, the normal tux colored ruby red sitting on
traintracks/rails would look pretty damn sweet.

-Brandon
On 3/26/06, Brandon Hines <brandonhines@gmail.com> wrote:
> distro title.  As you can see though, I'm not comming up with anything
> better.  ;)
>
> As for a logo, the normal tux colored ruby red sitting on
> traintracks/rails would look pretty damn sweet.

Rubix
846a4fa204fa496b86b19e2e4d1a0701?d=identicon&s=25 Alex G (Guest)
I was just about to say that the most obvious name for a Ruby-centric
Linux Distro has to be Rubix, then I got to the bottom of the thread.
Unfortunately, Google revealed that it already exists:
http://www.rubixlinux.org/
This doesn't really speak to me, but how about "RubyReady?"
2f4b37560915805b4de8c0fb1a246eb9?d=identicon&s=25 Brandon Hines (Guest)
"RubyReady" rolls right of the tounge.  Slick.  ;0
167a3b5582230623eb94e638133122ec?d=identicon&s=25 Kris Leech (krisleech-afm)
on 2006-03-29 15:17
Is Rubuntu ready yet?

Like RubyReady!
A7829960ae6e33e8aac0af44251b0877?d=identicon&s=25 jed.hurt@gmail.com (Guest)
Have you considered adding SVN and Mongrel to the Distro?
On 3/29/06, jed.hurt@gmail.com <jed.hurt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you considered adding SVN and Mongrel to the Distro?

I'd like to see this, too.
On Mar 29, 2006, at 9:13 AM, jed.hurt@gmail.com wrote:

> Have you considered adding SVN and Mongrel to the Distro?

Yes these will be included for sure along with some nice
lighttpd.conf files to load balance between mongrels. I won't have my
build system until the 13th of April(i just moved and it is on the
truck until then) After I get my equipment in order I will be making
the initial release. So sometime before the end of the month this
will be out. Sorry for the delay but I took a new job and had to move
accross the state ;)

Cheers-

-Ezra