Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails, rSpec and BDD

91c825f8b4f88257f3439d0e73cf1130?d=identicon&s=25 Bryan W. (railsroad)
on 2006-02-16 20:31
I've decided that I want to use more automated tests because I've been
intrigued by the idea of BDD.

I am new to using tests, so I'm curious if there have been any writeup
on using rSpec.

This is one of the only ones I've found:
http://blog.teksol.info/articles/2005/11/17/buildi...

It seems that the benefit of BDD is that it makes it easier to use tests
in the intial design.
I guess I also like the languaging more.

Do the more experienced developer think it's a mistake for me to explore
rSpec vs. just using the standard  "assert_"  type tests?

thanks,
Bryan
Af93ba6b6b59f22a8f37e8de5702ef98?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Silva (Guest)
I myself am holding off on using BDD and RSPec until Steve solidifies
the
interface a bit more.

Bob Silva
http://www.railtie.net/
741a3b49ae2937c3d62e45d1699b674a?d=identicon&s=25 Steven R. Baker (Guest)
> I myself am holding off on using BDD and RSPec until Steve solidifies the
> interface a bit more.

We're rolling out a new release next week, with a new interface.

I'm adding a Rake task, and a Rails plugin at that time.  Before the
end of the month, your Rails apps will have optional RSpec love.  Try
not to get any on your clothes.

-Steven