Forum: Ruby on Rails How to use Selenium from Rails

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Ccfe7d097475a32dc3ff78d6fc42c852?d=identicon&s=25 List Recv (lstrecv)
on 2006-02-16 15:37
I caught two different approaches to integrate Selenium to Rails:

http://svn.viney.net.nz/things/rails/plugins/selen...

http://andthennothing.net/archives/2006/02/05/sele...

It seems that the first makes it easy to right the tests, and the second
makes it easy to run them.  Am I correct?

Any chance of the two hooking up and cross polinating?
E3bce57ea4282d89d348aeeb70261f7f?d=identicon&s=25 Jonas Bengtsson (jonas)
on 2006-02-16 16:42
List Recv wrote:
> I caught two different approaches to integrate Selenium to Rails:
> http://svn.viney.net.nz/things/rails/plugins/selen...
> http://andthennothing.net/archives/2006/02/05/sele...
>
> It seems that the first makes it easy to right the tests, and the second
> makes it easy to run them.  Am I correct?

You can use Selenium IDE[1] to write tests for Selenium on Rails, and I
think that's the best option. However, I will probably add pure Ruby
test cases as well and will look at the other solutions out there, like
Jonathan's that you mention and Erik's patch[2].

/Jonas

[1] http://andthennothing.net/archives/2006/02/08/selenium-ide
[2]
http://www.randomhacks.net/articles/2006/02/15/sel...
337cdd270761e0e6f4356de45b04d388?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Viney (jonny)
on 2006-02-17 00:07
It would be great to see some work on combining my approach with
selenium-on-rails. I think it would be possible to have the best of both
worlds, but it may require a bit of creative thinking :).

-Jonathan.

>
> You can use Selenium IDE[1] to write tests for Selenium on Rails, and I
> think that's the best option. However, I will probably add pure Ruby
> test cases as well and will look at the other solutions out there, like
> Jonathan's that you mention and Erik's patch[2].
>
> /Jonas
337cdd270761e0e6f4356de45b04d388?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Viney (jonny)
on 2006-02-17 06:57
I've done some more work on this today, so you should be seeing a new
version of the plugin out pretty soon which tries to get the best of
both worlds.

-Jonny.

Jonathan Viney wrote:
> It would be great to see some work on combining my approach with
> selenium-on-rails. I think it would be possible to have the best of both
> worlds, but it may require a bit of creative thinking :).
>
> -Jonathan.
>
>>
>> You can use Selenium IDE[1] to write tests for Selenium on Rails, and I
>> think that's the best option. However, I will probably add pure Ruby
>> test cases as well and will look at the other solutions out there, like
>> Jonathan's that you mention and Erik's patch[2].
>>
>> /Jonas
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.