Forum: Ruby on Rails how to -- newbie

B7cad399c3a8c73bc2ed4955a8ee2ed1?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Probert (Guest)
Hi ..

I am getting started with RoR and having fun :-)

So, my problem is how to integrate the static and dynamic sides of the
site I am making.  I have a standard look-and-feel, the usual stuff,
graphic header, left sidebar with menu, content in the centre.  Some
pages are static -- main page, contact, that kind of thing -- and some
are dynamic, such as the admin pages.

My problem is I don't know how to get the standard template that I am
using into the dynamic pages.  When I copy the template code into
views/layouts/admin.rhtml it loses the graphics and the static links,
such as 'contacts.html' get interpreted as controllers, which I don't
want.

If someone can point me at some documentation on how to do this, I would
be very appreciative.

Regards,

--

-mark.
3c152ff54c308d08dd4e0508e051de4e?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Dwan (chrisdwan)

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html