Forum: Ruby blob coloring (or LABEL_REGION in IDL)

TrentDavey (Guest)
I thought I'd see if anyone has any canned functions/methods or "good
ideas" before I wrote code to do this. Given a 2D bilevel (zero's and
non-zero values) array (image), a mask of the same size is returned
where each element (pixel) is given a unique region/blob value. Each
region/blob is a set of non-zero elements (pixels) surrounded by
zeroes. This is done by the LABEL_REGION function in IDL.
unknown (Guest)
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, TrentDavey wrote:

> I thought I'd see if anyone has any canned functions/methods or "good
> ideas" before I wrote code to do this. Given a 2D bilevel (zero's and
> non-zero values) array (image), a mask of the same size is returned
> where each element (pixel) is given a unique region/blob value. Each
> region/blob is a set of non-zero elements (pixels) surrounded by
> zeroes. This is done by the LABEL_REGION function in IDL.

i'm doing a lot of this stuff using the vigra toolkit

   http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/

i've been trying to hook it into narray, but have not had time.

can i ask what your doing exactly?

-a