Forum: Ruby on Rails Lightty 1.4.10 socket file problem

Derek Chesterfield (Guest)
When I run lighttpd 1.4.10 [on Mac OS X] the socket file is called
'fcgi.socket-', versus 'fcgi.socket-0' that I get under 1.4.8.
Further, when the FCGI daemon quits, the file does not get deleted,
and I cannot restart my Rails app until I manually remove it.

Can anyone confirm before I raise a bug at lighttpd.net?
Brian V. Hughes (Guest)
Derek Chesterfield wrote:
> When I run lighttpd 1.4.10 [on Mac OS X] the socket file is called
> 'fcgi.socket-', versus 'fcgi.socket-0' that I get under 1.4.8. Further,
> when the FCGI daemon quits, the file does not get deleted, and I cannot
> restart my Rails app until I manually remove it.
>
> Can anyone confirm before I raise a bug at lighttpd.net?

I got the same problem, also under OS X. What's worse, is lighttpd
1.4.10 can't spawn multiple FCGI socket listeners, because the second
listener tries to use the same socket file name. I had to downgrade to
1.4.8, so that I can get my multiple FCGI's back.

-Brian
Dae San Hwang (Guest)
I had a same problem a moment ago.  lighttpd would output:

(mod_fastcgi.c.897) bind failed for: /Users/daesan/sites/www/lighttpd/
fcgi.socket-0 0 Address already in use

After manually deleting the socket file, however, the problem went
away.  (The file still doesn't get deleted, but the server starts up
fine.)

daesan
Jonathan Younger (Guest)
Yup, exactly the same problem here.

-Jonathan
Derek Chesterfield (Guest)
Thanks for confirming [and Brian and Dae].
I will raise a bug.