Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] RailsTidy: validates your HTML

5a47f5f40df9e9696ca077519c904e90?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hello everybody,

I needed something to validates my HTML templates so I wrote a plugin
and here is its first version:

RailsTidy is a plugin for Ruby On Rails. It allows you to

    * validate your rhtml templates,
    * validate the html output of your functional tests,
    * clean the html generated by rails.

For doing all this, it uses

    * Tidy[1], the popular HTML validator and
    * RubyTidy[2], Ruby bindings for Tidy.

More on the RailsTidy[3] page.

    * Installation instruction, usage and so on
      are at http://www.cosinux.org/~dam/projects/rails-tidy/doc/,
    * Source tree is at
http://www.cosinux.org/~dam/projects/rails-tidy/rails_tidy,
    * Tarball is at
http://www.cosinux.org/~dam/projects/rails-tidy/ra...

[1] http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://rubyforge.org/projects/tidy/
[3] http://www.cosinux.org/blogs/dam/pages/rails-tidy

I've seen in recents posts that people where looking for something
to clean their HTML output. The plugin can do it, but this hits
performance
quite a bit.

Hope this helps some peoples,

Regards,

Damien

PS: If someone has the correct mail for the ruby tidy bindings author,
can he
send it to me ? The rubyforge adress seems to not be valid anymore.

--
Damien MERENNE   <dam@cosinux.org>
http://www.cosinux.org/blogs/dam/

Scientists have estimated that the energy given off during the Big Bang
is roughly equal to 1CNRhK (Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick)
5a47f5f40df9e9696ca077519c904e90?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Oh, and I hope this time my server is correctly configured. There should
not be problems, but if you experiences some, please be patient.

Bye

--
Damien MERENNE   <dam@cosinux.org>
http://www.cosinux.org/blogs/dam/

Chuck Norris doesn't churn butter.
He roundhouse kicks the cows and the butter comes straight out.
55da67c85060ae67570c2d7cce25541c?d=identicon&s=25 Francisco Hernandez (Guest)
Oooh, Nice!

validating html has always been a pain because its so easy to forget to
validate the pages after you edit them, this is going to come in handy.
733436f59b64e31c1dd78fc0d29f3cdb?d=identicon&s=25 Gyoung-Yoon Noh (Guest)
On 2/15/06, Damien MERENNE <dam@bigmonk.cosinux.org> wrote:
> He roundhouse kicks the cows and the butter comes straight out.

Wow, really good idea!