Forum: Ruby Web.rb?

Faf3b56a44269e2c5b92cf97435e29f6?d=identicon&s=25 PA (Guest)
Hello,

Beside the "too clever by half" Rails, is there some more
straightforward Web library that anyone would recommend?

Perhaps something along the lines of Web.py or such?

http://webpy.org/

TIA!

Cheers
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, PA wrote:

> Cheers

why not just write a servlet for webrick?

-a
PA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Beside the "too clever by half" Rails, is there some more
> straightforward Web library that anyone would recommend?

Nitro.

http://www.nitrohq.com

It's a different sort of clever.

--
James Britt

"Blanket statements are over-rated"
Bea287582f4125fa81a2ca945bd48753?d=identicon&s=25 julian.kamil@gmail.com (Guest)
I am writing a Wiki and web application framework called Pandora
(http://pandora.rubyveil.com/) which should be easy to set up and use
since it does not require any database server.  I haven't released any
source code yet, but I will as soon as it gets to a better shape.  As
of now, it is a fully functional Wiki system, although still missing a
few critical features, primarily in the viewing and restoring of page
revisions.

Julian I. Kamil
0b561a629b87f0bbf71b45ee5a48febb?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Burt (Guest)
PA asked:
> Beside the "too clever by half" Rails, is there some more straightforward
> Web library that anyone would recommend?
>
> Perhaps something along the lines of Web.py or such?

Erik Veenstra's RubyWebDialogs is very simple:

http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubywebdialogs/index.html

Cheers,
Dave