Forum: Ruby Rails best practice

1ca94522746f7fcf4eea3d3f418d3a66?d=identicon&s=25 Dan Munk (Guest)
Hello,

I've just finished reading the Pragmatic Programmer book on Rails.  It
demonstrates several ways to handle add/edit modes for forms.  The
approach similar to scaffolds and then an action that posts back to
itself, branching on get and post.  Is one better than the other?  Are
they mixed and matched within the same application?

Thanks,
Dan
Be223e60c56535a0e465b84243aeb0d1?d=identicon&s=25 Timothy Goddard (Guest)
This is a purely aesthetic decision. You can implement either, although
I would personally have separate methods. It's your choice.
On Feb 13, 2006, at 11:08 PM, Dan Munk wrote:

> I've just finished reading the Pragmatic Programmer book on Rails.  It
> demonstrates several ways to handle add/edit modes for forms.  The
> approach similar to scaffolds and then an action that posts back to
> itself, branching on get and post.  Is one better than the other?  Are
> they mixed and matched within the same application?

You'll get the best response for this from the Rails mailing list.

http://lists.rubyonrails.org

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://segment7.net

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com