Forum: Ruby Re: Carriage Return added during return of large string from

19a9e4d07410618284db6a44de12e079?d=identicon&s=25 Xeno Campanoli (Guest)
I haven't heard anything back on this.  Is my email getting through to
the
ruby-talk group ?  Does anybody sense what I'm doing here?  Sorry if
this
should be obvious, but it's not.  I haven't even seen my own postings
come
up today, so I wonder what's going on.

Sincerely, Xeno
xc
Xeno Campanoli wrote:
> I haven't heard anything back on this.  Is my email getting through
> to the ruby-talk group ?

Yes.

>  Does anybody sense what I'm doing here?

Probably not.

> Sorry if this should be obvious, but it's not.

It's unlikely to be an obvious issue as you said yourself that your code
is quite complex.  Chances are high that the issue is in your code or in
the way you use some lib code.

>  I haven't even seen
> my own postings come up today, so I wonder what's going on.

Line terminators do not show up all of a sudden in a string.  It must be
in your code.  Maybe you're using StringIO and puts:

10:25:34 [~]: ruby -r stringio -e 'sio=StringIO.new; sio.puts
"test1","test2"; p sio.string'
"test1\ntest2\n"

Regards

    robert