Forum: NGINX How can I run more than one process on Windows?

2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 eComEvo (Guest)
Despite sending an async request to the server over AJAX, the server
will
not respond until the previous unrelated request has finished. The
following
code is only broken in this way on Nginx, but runs perfectly on Apache.

This call will start a background process and it waits for it to
complete so
it can display the final result.

    $.ajax({
      type: 'GET',
      async: true,
      url: $(this).data('route'),
      data: $('input[name=data]').val(),
      dataType: 'json',
      success: function (data) { /* do stuff */}
      error: function (data) { /* handle errors */}
    });

The below is called after the above, which on Apache requires 100ms to
execute and repeats itself, showing progress for data being written in
the
background:

    checkStatusInterval = setInterval(function () {
      $.ajax({
        type: 'GET',
        async: false,
        cache: false,
        url: '/status?process=' + element.attr('id'),
        dataType: 'json',
        success: function (data) { /* update progress bar and change
status
messages */ }
      });
    }, 1000);

Unfortunately, when this script is run from nginx, the above progress
request never even finishes a single request until *after* the first
AJAX
request that sent the data gets it's own response.

Basically, it appears that the nginx server can only handle 1 open
request
at a time on Windows. I don't have this problem at all on Linux
production
servers.

Is there anyway to configure nginx so I can use it on my local Windows
8.1
development server?

Posted at Nginx Forum:
2974d09ac2541e892966b762aad84943?d=identicon&s=25 itpp2012 (Guest)
eComEvo Wrote:
> This call will start a background process and it waits for it to
> complete so it can display the final result.

This is called blocking (as I already wrote on stack), to run this
nonblocking your probably going to need cosockets and in order to
suggest
any such solution we need to see a complete config in order to replicate
it.

Posted at Nginx Forum:
Existing account

No account? Register here.