Forum: Ruby test::unit runner in eclipse rdt

68db3bafb0a990bf605c4cf62bf85db0?d=identicon&s=25 Bret Pettichord (Guest)
When i run the Test::Unit runner inside eclipse RDT, sometimes i get a
grey bar instead of a green bar. Is the runner trying to tell me
something about my tests or is this just a display glitch? I don't have
any errors or failures.

This seems to happen repeatedly with particular tests and suites. I'm
using Eclipse 3.1.1 and RDT 0.6.0 and Ruby 1.8.2.

Bret
F690ec04b0501b74b033fc64ff4f682b?d=identicon&s=25 Dean Wampler (Guest)
This is speculation, but I recall that when running Junit tests (i.e.,
Java), the grey bar indicates that execution never finished. For
example, if I was running under the debugger and I didn't allow all
the tests to finish. Could that be happening here?

dean

On 2/13/06, Bret Pettichord <bpettichord@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dean Wampler
http://www.aspectprogramming.com
68db3bafb0a990bf605c4cf62bf85db0?d=identicon&s=25 Bret Pettichord (Guest)
>This is speculation, but I recall that when running Junit tests (i.e.,
>Java), the grey bar indicates that execution never finished. For
>example, if I was running under the debugger and I didn't allow all
>the tests to finish. Could that be happening here?

I think that is it. I have some tests that exercise threads that spawn
processes and i think there may be a problem that they don't exit
correctly.