Forum: Ruby on Rails authenticate users in public folders

5a992f256f765f8ee3dbb2af9d3db4e0?d=identicon&s=25 Robbie Shepherd (robbie)
on 2006-02-13 06:18
I'm using the standard login generator to authenticate users in my rails
app, which is an extranet type of thing.

I want to be able to upload some work in progress into a designated
project folder, and allow only authenticated users to view those files
(it might be a standalone website sitting in its own folder with a 100
pages, or a bunch of other src files etc)

possible or not? Or is there a way to put the folders I want auth'd
users to see up above the /public directory somehow?
On Feb 12, 2006, at 9:18 PM, robbie shepherd wrote:

> I'm using the standard login generator to authenticate users in my
> rails
> app, which is an extranet type of thing.

Just for the record, there is no *standard* login generator.

--
-- Tom Mornini