Forum: Rails Engines Puzzler: config options ignored w/fcgi?

A63764f318f10379c8b51349b757cf4b?d=identicon&s=25 Jay Levitt (Guest)
I'm using the latest released UserEngine and LoginEngine, rails 1.0.

I've got a project that configures :app_name, :app_url, :salt, and
:changeable_fields in LoginEngine, and :admin_login, :email_from,
:admin_email, and :admin_password in UserEngine.  It then does

Engines.start :login, :user
UserEngine.check_system_roles

When I run this on my Windows machine, using webrick, everything works
as
expected.  However, running this on a linux box, using Apache 2.0 and
fcgi,
the confirmation e-mails at signup contain the default app_name, url,
from,
etc.

I've restarted httpd and fcgi to no effect.  The project is in
subversion,
and all the files are up to date on both boxes, so the project should be
identical.

Clearly, the whole environment.rb file isn't being skipped, or the
engines
wouldn't work at all.  And changeable_fields seems to be working,
because I
can edit some added fields successfully, and they show up as input
fields,
not text_boxes.

How can I troubleshoot what's going on?

Jay Levitt
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:31:46 -0500, Jay Levitt wrote:

> When I run this on my Windows machine, using webrick, everything works as
> expected.  However, running this on a linux box, using Apache 2.0 and fcgi,
> the confirmation e-mails at signup contain the default app_name, url, from,
> etc.

Never mind.  I screwed up environment.rb, and must have failed to
restart
webrick on my own server, so I didn't notice it.  You have to put
admin_email and email_from in BOTH LoginEngine and UserEngine sections.

I figured it out by adding

<%= UserEngine::CONFIG.inspect %>
<%= LoginEngine::CONFIG.inspect %>

to the layout.. that may be handy to someone else who runs into trouble.

Jay Levitt
I doubt that 'admin_email' is being used in the login engine at all
(since it has no notion of an 'admin user'...

- james

On 2/13/06, Jay Levitt <jay+news@jay.fm> wrote:

> engine-users mailing list
> engine-users@lists.rails-engines.org

* J *
  ~
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:43:55 +0000, James Adam wrote:

> I doubt that 'admin_email' is being used in the login engine at all
> (since it has no notion of an 'admin user'...

Looks like it's just displayed to the user when confirmations are off:

    if !LoginEngine.config(:use_email_notification)
      flash[:message] = "Please contact the system admin at
#{LoginEngine.config(:admin_email)} to retrieve your password."

Jay