Forum: Ruby-Forum.com I have signed to this forum and I'm getting SPAM !

B34ae303fd84edcf57951d45d22950a3?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Bernag (bernag)
on 2006-02-12 20:32
I have noticed on external RoR forums that my email is re-formated to
'email at domain dot com'

This does NOT provide suficient protection from spam bots.

I have just noticed more and more SPAM.

So please consider this, Re-formating a visual exposure of email needs
to be improved !
3a83969376c805ef5b6042191fdb0ff3?d=identicon&s=25 Andreas S. (andreas)
on 2006-02-12 23:25
Tom Bernag wrote:
> I have noticed on external RoR forums that my email is re-formated to
> 'email at domain dot com'
>
> This does NOT provide suficient protection from spam bots.
>
> I have just noticed more and more SPAM.
>
> So please consider this, Re-formating a visual exposure of email needs
> to be improved !

RForum doesn't do any reformatting. The posts are sent to the mailing
list as regular mails with your address.
B34ae303fd84edcf57951d45d22950a3?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Bernag (bernag)
on 2006-02-13 17:21
Andreas S. wrote:
> RForum doesn't do any reformatting. The posts are sent to the mailing
> list as regular mails with your address.

Hello Andreas.
RForum is a great site in this days especialy for Ruby and RoR.

Ok, now I understand a reason why I'm getting spam. for sure some of
mailing lists  where Your subscribed your rforum doesn't protect our
emails.

So my question is, Can You reformat our emails so that we can feel a bit
protected from spam bots ?