Forum: Ruby on Rails autocomplete inside a table?

Ff43001ac5fe9805aa6ca2e89d3b7b5d?d=identicon&s=25 Jake Janovetz (janovetz)
on 2006-02-11 18:03
Has anyone tried putting an autocomplete field inside a table?

I can do this successfully within FireFox, but in IE, it just doesn't
render the "drop-down" autocomplete div.  Unfortunately, I don't
understand enough about why IE doesn't work to know how to fix it.

My autocomplete div CSS is:

div.auto_complete {
  position: fixed;
  border: 1px solid #eee;
  color: #000;
  margin: 0px;
  padding: 0px;
}

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Ff43001ac5fe9805aa6ca2e89d3b7b5d?d=identicon&s=25 Jake Janovetz (janovetz)
on 2006-02-11 18:13
Jake Janovetz wrote:
> Has anyone tried putting an autocomplete field inside a table?
>
> I can do this successfully within FireFox, but in IE, it just doesn't
> render the "drop-down" autocomplete div.  Unfortunately, I don't
> understand enough about why IE doesn't work to know how to fix it.

Sorry to respond to my own post, but I figured out that FireFox doesn't
have an issue with to auto_completes on the same page.  Apparently IE
does.  Now I've got to figure out how to setup their "ids" to receive
the information, respectively.

(one is in my application header and is on all pages.  The other one
happens to be context/page specific)

   Jake