Forum: Ruby on Rails Pass variable to layouts

A551dd246cb624b7fd6a78d5ccee835d?d=identicon&s=25 Turcu Marius (mariusturcu)
on 2014-08-18 09:24
I have this code(i use devise this is a redirect for user sign in):

layout :layout_by_resource

  def layout_by_resource
    if devise_controller? && resource_name == :user && action_name ==
'new'

      "devise"
    else
      "application"

In my devise layout i use some variables,(from example i use @lesson)
but i don't know how to pass it to layout.

I try this in my aplication controller but seems like my css isn't
working to any page.
layout 'devise'
  before_filter :set_constants

    def set_constants
       @lesson=Lesson.all
       @sublesson=Sublesson.all
    end

Thanks!
On Monday, August 18, 2014 8:25:13 AM UTC+1, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:
>     else
>       "application"
>     end
>
>  end
>
> In my devise layout i use some variables,(from example i use @lesson)
> but i don't know how to pass it to layout.
>
> It's no different to passing content to any other view - instance
variables set by the controller are copied to the view.

Fred
Existing account

No account? Register here.